Wednesday 20 June 2018

Team Beachbody Coach Summit 2018!

I'm feeling a massive mixture of sadness and excitement as I sit here writing this. There are a couple of tears being shed too.

Today I was supposed to be rolling into Indianapolis for the biggest event in my businesses calendar, Summit. I had my tickets ready, my hotel booked, I was booked into all of the workshop sessions and the super-trainer workouts. I was pumped to be a part of something I’d only ever dreamed about.
But recent events mean that I haven’t been able to get out there.
And I won’t lie, it’s really hard to swallow. I mean, I’ve only been planning this for about 3 years. No, really! For 3 years. And I won’t be there.



I have known that I wanted to be a coach for the longest time. Waaaaay before the company even made any murmurings about coming to the UK. I was using the products and I fell in love with them. They worked, they were different to anything out there and they fitted my busy life as a working mum perfectly. I loved the products so much so that I took it upon myself to connect into the North American coach network. What I encountered there was entirely unexpected and it completely blew me away.

I found a community of thousands of coaches who were changing people’s lives every single day. Helping them through the minefield of nutrition and exercise, giving people confidence and support to achieve things they never thought themselves capable of, helping people get healthier and lead more fulfilling lives.
Giving people HOPE.

These people were friendly, positive, supportive, uplifting, go-getting, action taking, sharing, helpful ——— and I was HOOKED.

From Day 1 I wanted to be a part of that community. I KNEW I WOULD be a part of that community. I felt the passion so deep inside me that I KNEW I would make it happen.

I kept myself in the loop, I networked and I made sure I’d be the first to know when the coaching opportunity was coming to the UK.

I spent all of my spare time researching the company. I researched and I researched. What their mission was, why they were doing it, how they were doing it. Was it legit, was it a pyramid scheme, were these weight-loss results real?
I learned about all of the products, the coaching process, how coaches were rewarded for helping people.
I learnt everything I could over the course of a couple of years. I watched the recordings of the annual Summit gathering and I got excited.
This was the real deal.

I spent my spare time following coaches on social media, deciding which individuals and teams I felt most connected to, whose mission resonated most strongly with me, who had the training and systems in place that I liked best, whose approach and personality I clicked with, who I wanted to partner with in my business when the time finally came when I could become a Coach.

I started running week-long online nutrition and exercise groups - reaching out to support people who needed help.

I was ready.

When it was finally announced in March 2017 that the coaching opportunity would be coming to the UK later that year I was more than ready.
I had chosen the team I was going to join. I’d met them in person when they came over to Birmingham that summer and had cemented the fact.
I KNEW this was what I was meant to do.

On the day the coaching opportunity went live in October 2017 I was waiting. I sat at my laptop counting down the minutes and then, as the clock ticked over and we went live, I became a Coach.
I was almost bursting with an emotional mixture of excitement and pride as one of the UK Founding Coaches for the company, after all this time waiting.

Now I could get to help people reach their weight-loss, health and fitness goals officially, using ground-breaking products, backed by a company I wholeheartedly believed in and a hand-picked team of women who set my soul alight.
Now I could make a difference. Even if it was just to one person, I would be making a difference.


Our annual Coach Summit is a humungous event. Kind of like a conference, girls trip, family reunion, personal development retreat, business and leadership training event, the Academy Awards, and the Olympics all rolled into one!
World stage speakers and best-selling authors such as Brendon Burchard, Gary Vaynerchuk, Simon Sinek, Darren Hardy sharing their insights,
Top coaches sharing how they change lives every day,
Super-trainer workouts - Shaun T, Chalene Johnson, Autumn Calabrese, Tony Horton and more,
New product announcements,
Recognition and celebration.

I was going to be there in the whirlwind of it all, where my heart and soul would be blown wide open with the energy, emotion, knowledge, and sheer joy of spending time with some of my new favourite people, immersed in learning and sharing and living what we're most passionate about - growing and learning and helping other people.


Last year I watched Summit from my laptop. The events were streamed live from New Orleans and I sat up into the night and watched the opening and closing ceremonies in real time. I heard the announcements, saw the new products, celebrated my team becoming the top team in the company for the 3rd year in a row, cried as I heard the stories of the Beachbody Challenge finalists and felt inspired by what they had achieved.

This year I will do the same.
My company are world-class at hosting these events. It's going to be immense.
My timeline is blowing up with pictures as all the coaches are arriving in Indy. The welcome banners at the airport, the stages being built for the ceremonies, the smiling, excited selfies.
I will be there in spirit and I will watch with pleasure as my new friends and teammates experience this crazy event. I will celebrate right alongside them as my team becomes the top team for the 4th year in a row and I will be full of pride for what this company achieves.
We make a difference every single day - We Save Lives.

#endthetrend of obesity


Next year, you guys, I WILL be there. Wild horses won’t be able to keep me away.
Maybe you’ll come too and we can experience it for the first time together. I can’t think of anything I would love more than to be able to share it with you.

XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment