Friday 20 November 2015

Turkey Meatballs Recipe

I was looking for a new recipe today. I had some low fat turkey mince in the freezer that I wanted to use up so I thought I'd try something different with it. I made some turkey meatballs pretty much making it up as I went along. I based it very loosely on my family favourite Pork Meatballs recipe, but this time I used basil, parmesan and some fresh tomatoes to give them a mediterranean-style flavour. They turned out really good and the
children were quite happy to gobble them up (excuse the pun!). I served them up with roasted asparagus and brown rice. I'll definitely be making these again. Here's the recipe...



Turkey Meatballs (serves 4)

500g 2% fat turkey mince
100g fresh spinach leaves
3 tomatoes, chopped
A handful of fresh basil, chopped
2 tbsp. grated parmesan
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 tsp garlic powder
1 egg, beaten

  1. Preheat the oven to 180°C
  2. Spray a baking sheet with spray oil.
  3. Put the spinach in a covered microwavable bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Leave to cool then squeeze out some of the liquid (but not all, you'll need some to keep the meatballs moist during cooking) and then chop the spinach up.
  4. Put all of the ingredients into a large bowl and mix together using your hands.
  5. Form balls with the mixture and place onto the baking sheet. You should get about 12 meatballs in total.
  6. Bake for 15 minutes.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment